Civil unrest has become something of a popular topic amongst preppers, and for good reason, it is a very real threat.
More and more over the past years, we have seen it in the streets of the UK and USA, as well as other countries. The last thing you want is to be stuck in the middle of it, so the best thing you can do as a prepper is get prepared for civil unrest, and ride out the shit storm from home.
The governments of Germany and the Czech Republic have told their citizens to stock up on essential supplies such as food and water in case of a national emergency.
I have made this civil unrest checklist for preppers, so you have everything you need to ride out any disturbance from the comfort of your fully stocked home.
Prepping for Civil Unrest – Checklist
Prepping for civil unrest is not like prepping for a pandemic, or other big event, where you may need to store months of supplies, and be ready for a long term grid down event. Whilst it is unlikely with civil unrest, that water, electric and internet services will be interrupted, it does no harm to be prepared, just incase.
The key to riding out civil unrest is to make sure you don’t have to leave you home for the duration of the unrest. In order to achieve this, you will need to follow the guidelines below.
- Check your food store, and fill in any gaps in your food and water preps
- Get you water topped up
- Save money up, incase you can’t make it to work due to rioting, closed roads…
- Get cash in small denominations
- Stock up on bin bags
- Make sure you have enough pet food
- Stock up on essentials, such as toiletries, kitchen essentials… (toothpaste, soap, shower gel, dish soap, washing powder…)
- Check you supply of candles, matches and lighters, incase the power goes out
- Make sure to have spare batteries
- Have an alternative power source, such as a solar USB charger
- Have an alternative heat source, such as a wood stove
- Make sure all electronics stay fully charged in the run up to an event
- Fill up your car with fuel, and fill some drums for spare fuel
- Check you home security, walk around your home looking for easy access points, and fix any issues
- Pick up some extra ammo
- Make plans to keep your pets indoors
- Stock up on medications
So, hopefully this list of preps will help you prepare for a civil unrest event. None of these steps to prepare are extreme, they are basic steps that can help you ride out an event in the comfort of your own home.
If I have missed anything, be sure to leave a comment and let me know.